Whitchurch Silk Mill is reopen to the public, we are excited to welcome visitors back to the Mill!
Our Riverside Cafe is serving takeaway drinks and cakes which can be eaten in the grounds on the banks of the River Test. The Mill is open and there is a special exhibition showcasing our archive silks. The Mill Shop is also available and open.
We have worked hard to put safety measures in place at the Mill, offering an open-air cafe and a socially distanced route to see our delightful Mill.
We have implemented several new precautions and followed Government advice so that we can provide a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone. Some of these measures include:
- Staggered entry for Mill visitors.
- Queuing and one-way route around the Mill to help with visitor flow and to ensure social distancing.
- Toilets are open, but we’ve introduced hand sanitiser and some new hygiene measures.
- Protective screens at contact points including the shop.
- Floor markings and reminder signs throughout the Mill reminding visitors to keep a 2m distance.
- Hand-sanitiser stations at the entrances to the shop and grounds.
- Card or mobile device payments preferred only, but we accept cash if necessary.
- The Mill is open, but interactive exhibits are shut off.
- The indoor children’s dressing up and play area is closed.
- The Riverside Cafe is operating as a take-way with outdoor seating in the grounds only.
- Talks, demonstrations and guided tours cancelled until further notice to prevent over-crowding.
- Regular cleaning carried out.