Can you bake a cake fit for a queen?
Why not take part in our baking competition on Friday 3rd June?
As part of our Jubilee Fifties Fete this contest will be judged by members of the WI, and there are three categories open to all ages and skill sets.
•Bakewell tray bake
•6 x “Royally” decorated biscuits
Free entry. First prize – cream tea for 2 at the Riverside Café.
To enter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Jubilee Fete Baking Guidelines
Entry is free and cakes must be in the judging tent by 2.00pm, 3rd June.
A list of ingredients must be displayed with the cake
- Made to the WI recipe
- 3 medium eggs weighed in their shells (probably 6oz/170g)
- the weight of the eggs in Butter /Soft Margarine
- the weight of the eggs in Caster Sugar
- the weight of the eggs in Self Raising Flour
- Raspberry Jam to fill
- Set oven Gas 4 160C (fan oven) or 180C.
- Grease and baseline the bottom of 2 20cm/8″ sandwich tins.
- Cream butter/margarine and sugar.
- Beat the eggs then gradually add to the mixture beating well each time.
- Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture with a metal spoon.
- Divide equally between the 2 tins and bake 25mins in the middle of the oven.
- They are ready when they are golden, shrunk from the sides of the tin and spring back when touched.
- Remove from the tins and fill with raspberry jam when cold to avoid jam bleeding into the cake.
- A light dusting of caster sugar on the top will finish it.
Bakewell tray bake
- 6 identical fingers
- Following recipe of your choice
“Royally” decorated biscuits
- under 12 and over 12 categories
- We’d like these to be homemade and decorated on the theme of “HRH The Queen and the Jubilee