Join us this half term in the tranquil surroundings of the Silk Mill, nestled in the small town of Whitchurch by the beautiful River Test.
As well as learning all about how silk is woven this half term as you explore the Mill, you can also enjoy these other activities during your visit.
Other activities during your visit could include:
- Free autumnal and Halloween colouring inside the mill building.
- Pick up a free trail as you enter the mill and find the Halloween silhouette shapes as you explore inside the mill building and outside in our gardens.
- Search for the creepy creatures in the play trays inside the museum.
- In our gardens you can also have fun with the water play station and hide in the willow den.
- Have a go at weaving with cotton on our visitor’s loom on the middle floor of the mill building.
- Listen and play with our interactives telling the story of weaving.
- Rest a while in our Riverside Café which is situated on the banks of the River Test and offers a seasonal menu of delicious sweet treats, snacks and light lunches. We use the best of local suppliers including The Hampshire Deli, Chalk Stream trout and Blundell Bakes. See our Cafe page for a sample menu.
- The local ducks, swans (and fish!) love being fed too. Special duck food can be purchased from our gift shop for £1 per pot.
- Pre-bookable craft activities for children aged 3yrs+ on Tues 24, Weds 25 & Thurs 26 October from 11am – 3pm. These craft activities are £3 per child – please see links to each day for more information and to book.
- There are some great walks in the area too, take a look at this website for more information about the Mill Trail.
Day or annual tickets to the Silk Mill can be purchased in advance or on the day of your visit.
Free car parking in the Winchester Street public car park and close by at Bell Street public car park.
The Silk Mill is open on 21, 22, 24-29 October from 10.30am – 5pm. Closed Monday 23 October.