Whitchurch Silk Mill will maintain social distancing and other measures to provide a covid-safe and welcoming visit, including reduced capacity and encouraging face mask use (unless exempt). This is being reviewed regularly and will be reviewed again at the end of August.
The Prime Minister has announced the official easing of social distancing and other mitigation measures in England. The Mill, like all other attractions, is keen for things to return to normal as soon as possible and recover our losses, but this depends on the confidence of our visitors. Our priority is the safety of the Mill Team, the community, and our visitors.
We will continue to ensure that the Mill, Café, Shop, and the team are COVID-safe and adhere to all safety requirements and that we delight every visitor as we always aim to do.
Our visitors tell us that they feel the Mill Team is doing the right thing and that our team are behaving in the right way to ensure that they have a safe and enjoyable visit. Lots of our visitors and team members have told us they are not yet ready for social distancing and other measures to be removed or eased fully.
As a result, we will continue to provide a range of measures to ensure that you can visit in safety and comfort. So we will do the following until at least the end of August
- We expect our team and visitors to wear face coverings in the Welcome Building and Mill unless people are exempt from wearing one.
- Disposable face masks will be available if you forget yours.
- We will monitor the air quality in the Mill Building.
- We will maintain social distancing on-site and socially distanced seating in the Cafe.
- Our gazebo seating and benches on the back lawn will remain for visitors to enjoy the outdoors.
- We will provide personal protective equipment and screens for the Mill Team.
- We will maintain reduced capacity for groups visiting the Mill.
- There will be hand-sanitiser stations throughout the site.
- We will continue to clean touchpoints regularly.
- We offer contactless payment in the gift shop and café.
- If you or any of your family have any symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit. If we have symptoms our team will not come to the Mill and they will self-isolate.
- We will enable you to check-in at the Mill, although you are no longer legally required to give these details.
We want our customers and team to feel safe and feel comfortable.