Welcome to Whitchurch Silk Mill
A gem of industrial heritage in beautiful,rural Hampshire
Whitchurch Silk Mill is the oldest silk mill in the UK still in its original building. A gem of industrial heritage in beautiful, rural Hampshire, Whitchurch Silk Mill is a Georgian water mill that weaves silk using 19th century machinery.
An historic silk mill
Whether you're machine-mad, an admirer of silk fabrics, a child learning about the Victorians, or just looking for a delightful day out in Hampshire, Whitchurch Silk Mill has something for you:
- the original mill wheel and Victorian machinery;
- fabulous fabrics on the looms;
- a shop to indulge in silk products from the Mill, and much more;
- peaceful setting by the River Test, with tearoom for lunch and refreshments.
- NEW - If you are passing by why not pop in, you can use the tearoom without paying the admission charges. Admission charges still apply to visit the rest of the Mill.
Whitchurch Silk Mill, Whitchurch, Hampshire RG28 7AL
- Direct rail link to Waterloo.
- Easy access to the M3 and M4.
More details on how to find us in Getting here.